Want to be the first to know about new releases, upcoming tour dates and exclusive blog content? Join the mailing list!
A drifting Canadian heart, caught between the Pacific and Atlantic tides.
Joey Clarkson was born with the imperative desire to express herself. Spending the majority of her childhood involved in local theatrical productions, singing in extracurricular choirs and volunteering for local charities; it wasn’t until she picked up a guitar and wrote her first song at the age of 14 that she felt like she had truly found her voice.
Joey uses infectious, hooky melodies and evocative lyrics to create songs that both complement and challenge the current direction of the AAA/Alternative market. Blending the energy of Pop, the power and drive of Rock and the honesty of a singer/songwriter, with a little bit of modern Country thrown into the mix; her style is best described as her own.
In recent years, she has been found extensively touring her music through the EU/UK/Western Canada on independently self-organized tours. Her performances have been described as captivating, personal experiences.
Joey now resides between the UK and Canada, and is looking forward to the release of her new album with 37 Records in the early Summer of 2017.
- 2016 AAA/Alternative Runner-Up International Acoustic Music Awards. "Loving You is Breaking Me".
- 2016 AAA/Alternative, Hollywood Music in Media Awards Nominee. "Loving You is Breaking Me".
- 2014 Vancouver Island Music Award Nominee
- 2012 Astral Media Radio Star Regional Winner
- 2012 Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce Youth Leadership Award
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival (2016)
- HOT de HÜH Festival (2016)
- Sunfest (2015)
- Harmony Arts Festival (2015)
- Honda Celebration of Lights (2015)
- Cloverdale Rodeo (2015)
- Vancouver Island Exhibition (2015)
- Featured on CBC and BBC Radio
2017 Tour Dates
For booking and press inquiries, please contact:
or alternatively, by using the contact form below :)