'December' Music Video Submissions
Submission Deadline: November 28th, 2020.
If you've landed on this page, chances are: you're already aware of this project, and you're ready to submit your music video content! If this is the case, please scroll and upload :)
On the off chance you haven't heard: We are releasing a new single in approximately 3 weeks time. We need a music video, because we would like to release it backwards: Video first, song second.
The song was inspired by my lifelong friend announcing her engagement, when I realised it wouldn't be possible for me to travel for her wedding. It is all about coming home for December - if we were able to come home for December. I know many of us are not. We are not, and it breaks our hearts. It's probably breaking yours too.
Our not so original, but completely appropriate idea:
We want to use videos of you, our friends, family, and listeners, holding up clearly written signs to your loved ones. We want this song, and it's music video, to belong to everyone, not just us.
Your signs can be something as simple and short as "I miss you", or something more personal, but should be clearly written on a standard piece of white paper and filmed in landscape mode for approximately 10 - 20 seconds. Even though this is a holiday release, and I celebrate Christmas with my family: it doesn't mention Christmas at any point, and focuses mainly on the month of December, and spending time with loved ones. It's my hopes that I can keep this song as universal as possible, and that it can be listened to in the years to come from late summer onward. For this reason: please refrain from making any specific holiday references in your notes, such as the actual word Christmas itself, and focus more on the feelings associated with the holiday(s) you celebrate.
We will be crediting everyone involved in the description on youtube AND include your message written there as well.
Full spec requirements:
- Videos must be between 10 - 20 seconds long.
- Please name files as follows "YourName_YourLocation"
- Filmed in landscape mode (NOT portrait!)
- Resolution of at least 1280 x 720 (4K preferred if possible!)
- Please avoid wearing branded clothing, to ensure we are able to use your footage.
- Signs can be generic, or personal, but please refrain from using specific words like Christmas, Hanukkah, ect.
- It should go without saying, but just in case: please keep language clean, and steer clear of political agendas.
- Signs must be clearly visible, if possible please avoid moving shots.
- If you're able to film outdoors, please try to do so. Lighting is always so much better, and it would be wonderful to have some of your local landscapes in the background.
- If you're not able to film outdoors, please ensure your video is well lit!
How to submit:
Please WeTransfer your video to no later than 23:59 PST, November 28th, 2020.
Please include your name, location (as you would like it to be listed in the youtube credits) and email address in the body of the WeTransfer. Your email will not be shared with anyone, and the sole reason for collecting this is so I have a method of contacting you should I encounter any problems with your submission. You can also let me know who your message is for (specifically) if you would like this to be listed in the description of the youtube video.
By submitting your video, you acknowledge and give permission for us to use your footage in the official music video.
It is our goal to be able to include every submission we receive. However, we do want to acknowledge that there is always a small chance of encountering unforeseen challenges that would result in being unable to use your video. We sincerely hope that this is not the case, and please know that will be trying our hardest to avoid having this happen.
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for your support and contributions. The music video, and the song itself for that matter, wouldn't exist or make sense without you.